Sunday, June 26, 2011

Catching up, moving on.

I would really like to give you - and myself - a clever and deep, yet witty blog post. However, my brain obviously stops working at 30 °C. Andalucia is enjoying a heatwave at the moment - meaning the last week(!) with temperatures easily reaching 37 °C, some days even daring to say hello to 40 °C and beyond. For all of you frozen and wet Norwegians: I would give anything to switch to your 12 °C and rain - if only for an hour (actually ONLY for an hour, - let's not get melodramatic).

I'm sorry, I already broke the promise to myself that I wouldn't blog about weather differences between Spain and Norway. There will come a whole post only about differences between the two in every aspect, when I'm back in Stavanger, - cold, bored, wet and heartbroken. Aaand I just got melodramatic. Aaand that brings me to the other topic that's off limits - at least for now: how sad and painful it will be to leave Granada, my Erasmus life and all the effing awesome people I've met here! Still off limits! Still (less than) two weeks till I leave it all!

*deep breath*

So, I'll just post some random photos of what's been going on lately (the last two months) and we'll see what happens, shall we? 

You don't really have a choice...

So, since my last real update on life and living in Spain, I have gotten lost in Spain's largest natural park, Sierras de Cazorla - Segura y Las Villas Natural Park. Not difficult when your map looks like this:

Photo: Lukás
It cost me some skin, sleep and a day recuperating, but I got so much in return. I got to see a fox eating chocolate before trying to open a box containing pasta. Please don't get hung up on what looks like an empty wine bottle, it was in fact a bottle of non-alcoholic grape juice. The two crushed beer cans to the left were, however, the real deal...

Photo: Lukás/René
I got excellent treatment for said missing skin (or rather the skin remaining). Always bring a Peruvian who knows what he's doing...

Photo: Lukás

I got to cool down in a freezing and beautiful creek.


We fought off a deer a bit too tame.

Make love, not attempts at kicking people in the face.
Most importantly, I got to visit and enjoy beautiful landscape and preserved nature, not just the acres and acres of olive trees, greenhouses and farmland I'm used to.


*

The Spanish people are known for always being late and taking their time getting things done, so it was no surprise to us that they figured they should throw an Oktoberfest in May (yes, we reckoned they were late, - not early). We entered the bull ring and got to see how Germans like to party.


Yes, the crazy Belgian girl was back in town after travelling on through Portugal after our Easter adventure. That's just how totally osm Granada is! You always come back.


*

Kristin also came back! Finally, three years after she decided that Granada is her favorite city in the world, she dragged her Ossie-boy all the way from Townsville, Australia to Granada, Viva España! Together they enjoyed and greatly appreciated the wonders of free tapas, and did wierd stuff in the park.


*

Thinking about how awesome Granada is made me miss likewise awesome Trondheim. So I went up there just for a weekend, - the fact that I had to do an exam there had nothing to do with it. I went to see this yellow bird,


to dance with these crazy-beautiful-bestest girls,


and to stop on Bakke bridge at 2.30 am, slightly tipsy, to take in the incredibly beautiful view of Trondheim by summer night, the cathedral barely sticking up to the right.


*

There are many reasons why I haven't taken the time to blog lately: I prefer spending all my remaining time hanging out with friends and doing stuff. I had many lovely visitors I had to show around this friggin' great city. I've had a helluvalot of school work. But mostly, I was afraid I would end up sadblogging about leaving a place, - and saying good bye to people I love. I will do so eventually. I have however also realized how much I miss Trondheim and my life and friends there, so going back won't be so sad after all. And as I've said: Viva España! Granada will still be here to come back to over and over again!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Skumleste (ikke skummelt, skum-leste) innlegget og det tok en stund før jeg skjønte at hun rare med coronaen på det stedet som minnet om helenes leilighet var meg.

    ReplyDelete