Friday, April 15, 2011

Ch ch ch changes!

I've done some slight changes lately. Which I like. Which I need. If I don't change things now and again, try something new, or do something crazy I feel that my life is leaving me behind.

So this week I decided to only make salad all week, - no meat, no pasta, no bread. I love salad, but haven't really taken advantage of the excellent salad conditions here in Spain. In Norway the prices are high and the selection of greens is poorer and less fresh.


This here is a salad with couscous, avocado, cheese (Viking cheese from Denmark, of course!), cucumber, tomato, red pepper, dried cranberries (soaked in hot water for a couple of minutes) and different types of lettuce. Dressed only with lemon juice and olive oil. Another variant tried out during the week was salad with smoked salmon (Norwegian, of course!), avocado, cucumber, black pepper, cheese, lettuce, and the standards: cranberries, olive oil and lemon juice.


My breakfast/evening snack-variant: greek youghurt, whatever fruit available, walnuts and honey.

Another change was one I made together with Lucie. We got our ears pierced - third and fourth ear piercing for me, and fourth and fifth for Lucie. A bit in the moment, but cheap, quickly done, small, blue and beautiful. Making me and Lucie 'hermanas en sangre', tihi.

A kind of change: I'm gonna try something new for the first time tomorrow. I've wanted to try it for some time, and have been working up my guts. I'm going travelling couchsurfer-style up north of Spain. Tomorrow I'll meet up with my ride to go to Zaragoza, my ride being a spare seat in a van. It was announced on the website viajamosjuntos.com which makes it possible for the driver to save gas money and the passenger to save bus money ant lots of time. In Zaragoza I'll meet up with Joke, - a crazy Belgian girl I met when she was falling in love with Granada and ended up staying 2 weeks longer than planned, - and we'll spend Easter surfing couches around Basque Country. I'm really looking forward to travel in this way. Already I've met so many interesting people just being a part of the couchsurfing comunity. I highly recommend it: you don't have to host anyone, nor surf anywhere. You can just meet up for a coffee or a walk around the city. Or you can get together with someone to do an exchange of languages or talents. Genious.

Oh! And another change:


I feel like - in the words of my mother - a "crazy woman"!

Have a crazy and colorful Easter holiday, everybody!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Du rå, kvinnemenneske! Gleder meg sånn til å få se:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smilefjes! Happy woman! Forandring fryder, men....... moro helsar god påske!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Martha stilig. Du er töff! Det må ha gjort vondt?! Cecilie

    ReplyDelete