Friday, March 18, 2011

Canned heat

If students in Trondheim had this weather in May/June, they would be complaining about having to study for exams, and not being able to enjoy it. In mid-March we would probably be complaining more about the bad weather than having to study.
Mid-March in Granada the students enjoy early spring and look forward to the next two months of excellent weather. In June they will be complaining more about the weather than having to study for exams in air-conditioned libraries.

I'm still so cocky as to claim I'll have no problem with the heat, - I love warm weather. Let's see how I feel when summer comes, and I have no less than 6 exams in the two last weeks of June, when temperatures easily reach 35 - 40 C.

Cloudless sky and 22 C would be a very nice mid-summer's day in Norway, - I'm soon going to join 6000-8000 people at the Botellódromo (a free zone where it's allowed to drink in public) for the Spring Party! It started 4-5 hours ago, but I still have to eat dinner, take a shower and figure out what to bring, - Calimocho o Tinto de Verano - the traditional drinks (redwine with Coke or Lemon soda, respectively). Or maybe the bottle of Extra Dry Martini in my cupboard...

Just dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment