Monday, January 24, 2011

Homesick

No, not in the way you probably think. Homesick as in I've caught a cold because our apartment is SO FRIGGIN' COLD! Seeing that 75% of the people living here (eerm...that makes three) now are best friends with tissue paper, tea, their pajamas and bed covers, I claim to have sufficient grounds to blame our indoor temperature. Which we can't really control. Central heating really isn't all it's cracked up to be if it doesn't actually produce heat... Yes, of course I'm exaggerating, - the heating was on today for a good 5 hours. I mean, that's 5 hours more than yesterday :)

So, I took the afternoon off and hid under the covers as soon as I'd eaten the last scraps of my Saturday dinner. Finally saw "The Social Network" and imidiately checked my facebook account afterwords. Felt wierd... Got over it quick enough though. Good thing computers can't catch human viruses, - I just sneezed on Mr. Mac...

When I'm really sick, - shivering feverish, my whole body aching, - there is few things I miss more than my dear old mum (kidding, - old = wise :). But on a sick-day like today, - when I can manage just fine really, and don't need more sympathy than I can muster myself, - it's probably more relaxing to be without a conversational partner. That doesn't mean I don't wish I had someone here with me. I greatly miss that speciel someone who is the best company one can have when sick enough to need comfort, but not care.  Someone who curls up behind your knees in bed and gives you warmth and comfort. Someone who stares at you understandingly when you get a sneeze attack. Someone who listens attentively when you need to complain. Someone who smiles at you totally undemandingly, - just hoping for a taste of whatever sickbed goodies you might have and to be scratched on her stomach. Someone who not at all minds spending most of the day in bed, but who will jump up readily whenever you feel ready to step outside for some fresh air, big eyes beaming at you with happiness and loyalty.


Someone I miss very much even though she's with me every day. Always.

1 comment:

  1. ÅÅÅÅÅÅÅåååh, fint sagt! God betring! klem gamlemor!

    ReplyDelete