Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oceanográfic

I have now lived (!) in Spain for three whole weeks, and am of course as any other local. I eat paella and tapas (the right way and almost at the right time of day), I drink horchata and sangria, I tomo el sol topless (if there's no one I know around), I talk to the taxidrivers, I kiss strangers, I go out to tomar café at 23 o'clock etc.
A pálida rubia with ojos azules acting so Spanish can be confusing for the real Spanish. Just so as to not get them stressed, I do something really touristy from time to time. Today for example, I rented a sunbed, I got sunburnt, I bought an overpriced ice cream (though with the taste of horchata), and I missed my stop on the tram back home. All in one day, - just to avoid confusing the Spanish. It's already hard enough for most of them to get that I am noruega and not alemana.

My actions today were subtle, but I hope helpful none the less. Yesterday, however, I went for the more obvious style: big camera hanging from my neck, drinking 2€ horchata and visiting the Oceanográfic! It is located in the Ciudad de las artes y ciencias which is an area filled with different museums, an Imax cinema and a huge discoteque, L'Umbracle, which you will definitly read more about later. Everything is housed in funky architecture. Lookie for free!













Ellen from Holland, Karoline from Germany and Pedro from Brazil.
















1 comment: