Monday, September 20, 2010

People are strange when you're a stranger

The Doors can eat a bocadillo and go to bed.
Mariana, Clarice, Carolina (all brasileñas) and I were enjoying the economical benefits of a Granadian tapas restaurant - buy beer, get free tapas - when a young man comes up to us and asks us where we are from, what we're doing here in Granada etc etc. He himself is one of the locals, and together with him is a girl from Poland. He tells us that he has just come back from his year as Erasmus in Poland, and knows the situation we are in. If we ever need anything or just want to have a guided tour through the city, we can give him a call.

Fifteen minutes later all six of us are at a bar dancing salsa and bochata... Surreal experience, - I can't even imagine this happening in Norway... Maybe I'm just prejudiced. I get ecstatic everytime someone reminds me (often with envy) that I'm living here for the whole school year!

Granada is great! On my way home I saw a stuffed elephant, and 6 broken eggs waiting for the bus...

1 comment:

  1. Hei. Stuffed elephants og broken eggs ,,bus... du må ikkje drikka så mykje!

    ReplyDelete